Based in Pasadena, California
22 July, 2013
Funktronic Labs has partnered up with Leap Motion™ to bring to you a mind-altering interactive audiovisual experience! "Lotus" consists of a collection of interactive musical toys which harnessess the creative power of the Leap Motion™ sensor! Each musical toy features a fresh, unique way for the user to dynamically create music using gesture controls. Lotus comes bundled with the Leap Motion device!
Inspired by the classic Nintendo DS title "Electroplankton", Eddie Lee wanted to bring musical toys into the modern era through the use Leap Motion's 3D motion-controller. Lotus is a collaboration with the famed Seattle-based audio-designer Andrew Rohrmann (scntfc).
- Unique and intuitive motion controls via the Leap Motion™ controller
- Visually stunning procedurally-generated graphics
- Four unique interactive musical toys
- An amazing soundtrack. Headphones recommended!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "FWA Award" United Kingdom - 13 August, 2013
- "Looks beautiful even if you’ve skipped your microdose of LSD for the day"
- Staff, Kill Screen
- "Tripped out experimental art"
- Sarah Tew, CNET
- "Lotus Adds Much-Needed Psychedelia To Motion-Controlled Digital Toys"
- Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
- "Dig this free, finger tracking Leap Motion musical toy"
- John Polson, IndieGames.com
Lotus Official Site
More info from funktroniclabs.com/lotus.
Soundtrack avaible from scntfc.bandcamp.com/album/lotus.
Lotus on LEAP Airspace
Motion controlled version available for free from airspace.leapmotion.com/apps/lotus.
About Funktronic Labs
Funktronic Labs is a funky-fresh independent game development studio that focuses on bringing creative experiences through games and other interactive media.
More information on Funktronic Labs, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Programming & Design, Funktronic Labs
Andrew Rohrmann (scntfc)
Sound Design, Freelancer