Based in Pasadena, California
7 August, 2013
Kyoto is an interactive ambient musical experiment that invites the player to sitback, relax, and enjoy its languid atmosphere. Players must solve short puzzles that transports their minds through various wonderous scenes.
Spiral into audioreactive obscurity as you are transported to a mysterious and melancholy land. This game was created as an homage to the magical city that the developer, Eddie Lee, currently resides in -- Kyoto, Japan. When he first arrived in this city a few years ago, he was absolutely mesmerized by its beauty, culture, and majesty. Thus, he wanted to capture the emotion in the only way he knows how -- making games.
- Serene graphics
- Ambient soundtrack
- Puzzle gameplay
- Leap Motion enabled
Indie Game Spotlight: Kyoto YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Experimental Gameplay Workshop Selection - GDC 2014" San Francisco, USA - 22 March, 2014
- "Sense of Wonder - Best Art Award" Tokyo, Japan - 20 September, 2013
- "Not Games - Main Exhibition" Köln, Germany - 19 August, 2013
- "It is positively languid...like a peaceful, moonlit river."
- Nathan Grayson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "This is a combination of serene graphics and wonderful audio holds the ability to tempt the curious and delight as well as relax the mind."
- Chris Priestman, Indie Game Magazine
- "Offers a lovely amount of amount of atmosphere"
- Cassandra Khaw, IndieGames.com
Kyoto Official Site
Available for FREE on PC/MAC from funktroniclabs.com/kyoto.
Kyoto on LEAP Airspace
Motion controlled version available for free from airspace.leapmotion.com/apps/kyoto.
About Funktronic Labs
Funktronic Labs is a funky-fresh independent game development studio that focuses on bringing creative experiences through games and other interactive media.
More information on Funktronic Labs, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Programming & Design, Funktronic Labs
Sound Design, Freelancer