Based in Pasadena, California
18 September, 2014
LEAP App Store
Funktronic Labs has partnered up with Leap Motion™ to bring to you yet another mind-altering interactive audiovisual experience. "Collider" is an audiovisual experience using the LEAP Motion (and Oculus Rift, optional) where you use 3D motion controls and gestures to warp your mind and blast your face with generative visuals and dynamic sounds. Collider is a collaboration effort with Baiyon, an award-winning Japanese multimedia artist based in Kyoto.
Inspired by the imagery and visual design of the LHC (Large Hadron Collider), Collider puts you in the place of a particle as it accelerates through the supercollider and bends space and time. Use both of your hands to warp your face with synth sounds and generative visuals. And don't forget to put on your Oculus Rift VR for a truly immersive experience!History
Eddie Lee first met Baiyon when they were working together in Japan on a Playstation 3 game titled "PixelJunk 4am". It was during that time when they discovered a similar passion for visual design and music. When the opportunity arose to develop a fresh new experience using the LEAP Motion and Oculus Rift, Eddie immediately approached Baiyon and thus the "Collider" collaboration was born. Collider was showcased at Codame's VR event hosted Mozilla headquarters, 2014.
- Oculus Rift VR support (DK1 and DK2), LEAP Mount recommended
- Unique gestural controls via LEAP Motion Controller
- Intense generative visuals
- Supergalatic sound design by Baiyon
- Travel through space and time
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "GDC Experimental Gameplay Workshop Selection" San Francisco - 6 March, 2015
- "USC Eneterinment Technology Center VR Symposium - Selection" Los Angeles - 19 February, 2015
- "Future 15 Showcase" London - 10 February, 2015
- "VRLA #4 Selection" Los Angeles - 13 December, 2014
- "CODAME Showcase Selection" San Francisco - 21 November, 2014
- "Ghosting TV Selection" Los Angeles - 6 September, 2014
- "VRLA Indiecade Selection" Culver City - 10 October, 2014
- "An Arty Oculus Trip Through the Large Hadron Collider"
- Joseph Flaherty, WIRED
- "Watch the Trippiest Virtual Trip Through the Large Hadron Collider"
- Mariella Moon, Engadget
- "Now You Can Experience the Large Hadron Collider With an Oculus Rift"
- John Wenz, Popular Mechanics
- "Bending Music and Spacetime with Leap Motion + VR"
- Alex Colgan, LeapMotion Blog
- "Collider Audiovisual Experience"
- PK, Proesthetic Knowledge
- "Leap Motion Game Takes You On Psychedelic Vortex of Light, Sound"
- Emma Hutchings, psfk
- "Journey Through the Large Hadron Collider with Leap Motion and Oculus Rift"
- Jeff Sorensen, Yahoo News
- "Future15: Playing With Toys, Ideas And Fears"
- Michael Rundle, Huffington Post
- "6 cutting-edge ways to create immersive brand experiences"
- Editor, Creative Bloq
Collider Official Site
More info from funktroniclabs.com/collider.
Codame's Virtual Reality Event
Collider showcased at codame.com/post/portfolio/virtual-reality-at-mozilla.
PewDiePie Plays Collider
See video at youtube.com/watch?v=PT5jlpykeLc#t=181.
Collider on Leap Motion App Store
Available for free at airspace.leapmotion.com/apps/collider.
About Funktronic Labs
Funktronic Labs is a funky-fresh independent game development studio that focuses on bringing creative experiences through games and other interactive media.
More information on Funktronic Labs, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Programming & Graphic Design, Funktronic Labs
Programming & Interaction Design, Funktronic Labs
Tomohisa Kuramitsu (Baiyon)
Sound Design, Freelancer
Steven Schultz (Edwon)
Trailer & Icon Design, Freelancer